Wednesday 13 June 2018

Sewing Pattern Review: Rebecca Page's Cora Cocoon Cardigan

Who doesn't like wrapping themselves up in a cozy blanket after work (during work), or on a drizzly chilly day?  

I know I'm always cold, so having some sort of sweater or wrap is a necessity staple in my wardrobe. 

Rebecca Page's newest pattern, the Cora Cocoon Cardigan definitely meets my requirements!  




It's an extremely simple sew with a lovely drape which Husband compliments every time I wear mine. 

He says, "It's so you."  

So I guess I'm comfy and cozy!



There are a few sleeve options: sleeveless, 3/4, or full length - keeping in mind that the sleeve essentially starts at the elbow. 

Fabric is key to ensure there is enough stretch that the arms aren't too tight. 

I opted for a lightweight sweater knit, and there's plenty of stretch, but also good recovery, so it's comfy on the arms and all around. 

Don't use a structured or stiffer knit - it will make the cardigan boxy and not flow well - lightweight is key! (the pattern gives plenty of suggestion). 

This cardigan takes well under an hour from cut to sew (faster than doing laundry!), and you'll love wrapping yourself in it once complete.

Really, you'll hug yourself A LOT when you wear it!  

The drape on the back is perfect, as it covers my booty, and it flattering. 



And guess what? There really is no top or bottom - it's mirrored, so you can't wear it the wrong way.

Husband has no idea how to hang it (I hang it up like a scarf around the actual hanger hook part), but it's not that confusing. 




And guess what? It's on sale through June! 

Dolls (30% off)

Child's (30% off)

Ladies (30% off) 

Bundle (37% off)

No comments:

Post a Comment