Thursday 14 June 2018

Free Sewing Pattern - Rebecca Page's Animal Pillows

I'm trying to spiff up the trailer for this weekend, as we are having about a dozen guests up for a canoe trip down our river.


SO what do I do?


Sew.


I've had Rebecca Page's Animal Pillow Pattern for eons now, but haven't sewn any up...until last night!




Aren't they cute?


There are 4 choices:
- Bird
- Butterfly
- Cat
- Rabbit


As we are owned by 3 parrots, and butterflies seem to be prolific at the Cabin this year, butterfly and bird it was.


But birds like to be in pairs, so I had to make two.


I added a lace body and rubbon tentacles to the butterfly as per the patterns, and used iron on fabric for the bird eyes (instead of embroidery) and ribbon looped for their tails.





Honestly, the most tedious part was stuffing the pillows. The overall pillows were a quick sew, and the are huggable size.


I used coveted baby fleece  for the turquoise bird, and some cotton fabric I got from my Aunt-in-law (?)'s stash from when she moved recently.


And of course, when I went to move the pillows for a different chair photoshoot, this happened:




So needless to say, Gideon has claimed the blue bird as his own.


They are dog safe though - no eyes or buttons to pull out, thus in turn, are child safe.


Right?




So grab your Animal Pillow pattern for FREE now at Rebecca Page Patterns - you'll be pleased with the end results.


Sew On!



No comments:

Post a Comment