Tuesday 12 June 2018

Sewing Pattern Review: 5 out of 4's The Rosanna Tank, Tankini, Dress, and Swim Dress


All I want to do when I wake up in the morning is see your princess seams.

Rosanna, Rosanna.


Never though that a tank top like you could ever care for me, Rosanna...

But she does! 




5 out of 4's newest pattern, the Rosanna, can be sewn into a multitude of styles:
- Tank top
- Tankini
- Dress
- Swim Dress

So far, I have opted for a few different styles and experimented with several fabric types. 


 


The options included with the Rosanna are:
- High or low scoop neckline (I opted for Low scoop necklines, as I am risque!)

- Peplum, Swim, Short Dress, or Long Dress 1/2 Circle Lengths

- Peplum, Swim, Short Dress, or Long Dress Full Circle Lengths

My first choice was the Swim Top, made from random spandex fabric from my sister's stash. 

I used the 1/2 Circle Swim Skirt, and even added in pockets for removable bra cups - those aren't cheap, and I prefer just swapping them between outfits. 

Here are the instructions for the removable bra cups.


Look at that scoop!
 I really like the coverage, as I'm not too confidant about my legs. This swim top definitely makes me feel sassy!




Finally, I paired my top with the Reversible Riptide Swim Shorts - they are so comfortable, and my go-to swim shorts. 

For my next version, I sewed the Peplum Top version.

I meshed together some Star Wars Cotton Lycra, lightweight Double Brushed Poly with the Star & Floral fabrics. 

I love the drape, and that the skirt isn't a fabric hog. 

The princess seam is beautiful and sits flat each time I create this top. It's an awesome scrap buster too, so will co-ordinate with multiple outfits that I've used the same fabric with. 

The skirt doesn't do anything funky (like make me look bigger in the belly), and doesn't fly up in the wind either. 




 And finally, I created another Peplum with some leftover Liverpool  (floral) and Cotton Lycra (maroon)

Again, I sewed this top with the removable bra cup option - perfect for this back when I'm not wearing a lacy bra. 

The seams sit flat, the armcycle is perfect, and I love the drape. 

I made a funky back on this top, using stretch lace instead of the pattern's binding for the strappy back option - try it out - it's SO much easier, and looks really pretty. 

I paired them with my Zen Pants, another 5 out of 4 pattern.



 

 I recommend learning a new skill (the Princess Seam), and making yourself a few new flattering additions to your wardrobe this summer with the Rosanna - Grab it now!





2 comments:

  1. Meet you all the way! Thanks for this -- talked me into Rosanna! My machines and everything are packed cause we're moving to Florida... where I'll be making Rosannas in all the fabrics!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the way the Peplum lays (and I was NEVER a peplum girl before because of my small bust and much larger hips!). Plus a swim top AND regular top pattern in one - mind blown (ha ha)!

      Delete