Wednesday 16 May 2018

Me Made May Day 16: Gloria Peplum Top, Kingston Jacket, and High Waisted Leggings

Sunny Days = a new day ahead. 








Always look forward and try not to glance back. 

Today's attire includes:





Rebecca Page's Kingston Jacket


It was a chilly drive to drop Husband off at work this morning, so I had to sport my stylish Kingston Jacket.


I loved this Tiger Fabric when I first saw  it - I sing, "Eye of the Tiger" every time I put it on.


Ironically, this was my first ever pattern testing last year - experience it all over again with me!







5 out of 4's Gloria Peplum Top


This top was a simple sew with a different arm option - the split sleeve! 


I made mine as part of a Sew-A-Long last week, and won a free pattern for my creation (yeah!).


I originally had the elbow length sleeve, however, cut it to short sleeve as my sleeve fabric wasn't crapey enough and looked weird with a longer sleeve. I know for next time!


I love the way this Peplum fits and that it wasn't a fabric hog - it's quite flattering, even at a shorter length than I normally would wear.







Koerb Bros Stitch High Waisted Leggings



When I first saw the picture of these leggings from an unknown designer, I knew I needed them! 


They have options for lace up or zipper sides, and I opted for the capris length.


The directions REALLY confused me - my head hurt while sewing these up last year. 


So, thankfully, I had sewn enough at that point that I was able to sew them together - but if I'd been a beginner sewist, the instructions are too vague that I would of thrown in the towel on making these.


I *do* love the grommets with lacing at the side, however, next time I'd add a "modesty panel" at the sides so the grommets don't directly hit my skin - sometimes they pinch in a bit too much depending on my movement (or lack thereof).


Sew On!

No comments:

Post a Comment