Thursday 17 May 2018

Sewing Pattern Review: Rebecca Page Dreamy Drape & Add On

The Dreamy Drape pattern ran solo until this Spring, when Rebecca Page released the Add on to enhance this simple and flattering batwing style top. 




The original includes: 
- The batwing drapey top pattern
- Neckline with hemming or binding options
- Diagonal Hem or Banded straight waistband
- Ladies, Child, and 18" Doll versions
- Elbow, 3/4, or full sleeves

This top is a quick sew, and definitely best for a flowy knit fabric. 

The instructions are straight forward with step by step instructions along with a one-page Cole's notes version for more skilled seamstresses, or those of us who have sewn up more than a few Dreamy Drapes. 

If you use a fabric without flow, it will look boxy and not very flattering to be honest. 

I made mine with a flowy purple & silver fabric I got for pattern testing that I liked enough to utilize in clothes I keep and wear. 


 


With the Dreamy Drape Add-On, it gives us even more options: 

- Make the Dreamy Drape Top into a Drapey Dress! 

- OR Make a mini or knee length skirt with knit band 

- Option for a sultry walking vent at the back

This skirt was SO quick to sew up - and I'm a slow sewer. 

I have a Viking Emerald - so no serger, no coverstitch machine - it's just me and my trusty sewing machine with basic stitches.

So it can take me a bit longer to sew, and right now a bit longer to understand instructions at times with my Brain Fog (darn you, Vestibular Migraines!). 

My Mini took me under half an hour from cut to done, and my knee length with the vent took my just over half an hour!  

And I LOVE to pair my mini with leggings - great for the summer to pair with capris length leggings too - especially for those of us who don't want our thighs rubbing together.




And they also look quite flattering on my derriere, and don't give me muffin top or make my abdomen area look sad. 








I need more Dreamy Drape Skirts!  

I'm not sure if the dress would be flattering on me, but for the skirt alone, I highly recommend it for anyone looking for a comfy pencil style skirt. 



Have little ones with 18" dolls?  I've also sewn up the Dreamy Drape Top and Skirt for this sizing too - this is a great intro into small sewing (and sewing up scraps!) due to minimal seams and binding.

 



Add a bit of ruffle to the bottom to girly it up if you want, and use the Ultimate Patch Pocket Pattern Add On to add some pockets to the back  or front!

No comments:

Post a Comment