The first reason I was attracted to 5 out of 4 patterns a few years ago was the versatility of their patterns, unique design features, and swim separates that were actually flattering.
I've been wanting to make the X Factor Tankini for eons, and finally got around to making not just one, but two!
The different options the X Factor entails are:
- Bikini (or Bra) top
- Straight, gathered, or maternity tankini
- Nursing options
- Bust ruching
- Built in bra cups (removable or sewn in)
I sewed up a Small bust Graded to large waist & hips - for the perfect fit.
My first version can be worn for either swim, working out, or play. And I LOVE it!
It's taken me a few years, but I can finally scrap bust in a colour co-ordinating way!
The fabrics used for this amazing X-Factor Tankini (yes, I'm tooting my own horn) include:
- Random dance fabric from my sister's old stash from her dance clothes making days - the floral, red, and striped fabrics
- Athletic fabric - thinner than normal dri-fit - for the cool circuit fabric - from a mystery pack I received from Zenith & Quasar Fabrics thanks to a sew-along I won last year for my new Doctor Who outfit. If I could get their fabric ALWAYS, I would. I just need to win Lotto Max first (ha ha)
- A lightweight spandex, also from Zenith & Quasar fabrics. It's super soft and blends perfectly with this colour combo.
I did the front bust ruching in this version, and it looks pretty amazing!
With the exception of the meshy fabric not being quite stretchy enough, the fit is perfect!