Wednesday 6 May 2015



I'm not a pro at Nutrition. I recently started using the My Fitness Pal app on my iphone to help determine what I'm eating and how to get my Protein up, as I felt I had hit my plateau.

I seem to be on par with what MyFitness Pal states, but upped my protein ever so slightly to get that additional boost.

Lucky enough, 2 years ago when I started seeing Dr. Marie, I cut out most bread, sugar, and crap, so my overall diet base was ok.


But when I look at what I eat, if I work out once a day and bicycle, it's REALLY tough to figure out how to eat all those additional calories I burned. I literally eat all day long. 


My typical day is like this:

Breakfast:

- Healthy Instant Oatmeal Pack (I make these up a couple times a month, and just add boiling water - instant breakfast)

Lunch:

- Chick Peas

- Spring Mix Greens

- Celery

- Calorie Wise French Style Dressing

- Bell Pepper

Dinner:

- Indian Butter Chicken w/Mushrooms

- 1/2 cup of White Rice

And Snacks....ALL DAY LONG:

- Cucumber

- Carrot Sticks

- Pretzel Sticks

- Almonds/Pumpkin Seeds/Sesame Seeds/Peanuts (1/4 cup total)

- Coffee (1-2 cups) w/Stevia

- Strawberries

- Grapes

- Banana

I might have some nachos with Salsa or healthy homemade granola bars (46 calories each), and dinner obviously varies. We've cut down the dinner portion sizes, and I eat my snacks throughout the day. This is about 1600 calories total, minus whatever my exercise is for the day (350-1350 calories depending if I just work out or also bike).

I tend to snack less on weekends, as I'm not sitting at a computer desk all day long (giving me time to think about multi tasking aka eating), so some weekends I end up getting anxious that I need to eat 1000+ more calories if we've had a good ride and workout. That's a lot of healthy food to eat!

We do try our best to not have crappy junk food in the house - as we know we will eat it.
 
 

Husband has taken to having vegetables and pita with Hummus. I have homemade almond butter chocolate in the freezer for when I have sweets cravings. There are so many alternatives to food that just sits in you and makes your entire body feel like fatigued crap. Due to this, if we do eat something that's not so healthy and whole, our bodies let us know. It's awesome!

The point is, you can eat healthy and not starve yourself to maintain a healthy diet for life, not for "just until."
 
And remember...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment