Wednesday 21 February 2018

Sewing Pattern Review - Rebecca Page Circle Cardie


The Circle Cardie is an amazingly quick sew with a multitude of looks from casual to fancy! 

It's best to be sewn with drapey fabrics for the perfect waterfall drape, but other comfy fabrics can be used as well. 
 
I used a cheap lavender Fabricland random drapey fabric for my muslin version, and a random loose sweater knit from Okee Dokee Canadian Fabrics. 

Both fabrics give a different flow and feel, and both are just lovely.  

The first version took me just over an hour to finish from cut to wearing, and the second took me just under and hour.  
 
Version 1 - long length

I couldn't wait to wear my short final version to work the day after making it!
 

The pattern takes less fabric than other cardigans I have sewn, and there are options for if you don't have quite enough fabric on the stretch and don't mind a middle back seam.  

The different options include: 

- 2 length options (short or long) 

- 3 hem options (Plain, band, or ruffle) 
- 3 sleeve options (sleeveless, 3/4, and full length) 

- Doll, Child, and Ladies versions available up to 5XL! 

As I work in a cold office where I feel like I'm going through hot flashes for 5 minutes and need a parka the remainder of the day, this is the perfect office casual cardigan for me.  

I opted for both of my versions to be long sleeved, but my lavender version is long length, the black and white sweater knit version is short length. I didn't have enough fabric for the ruffle on my black and white knit, and didn't want to get too fancy with my lavender version, but I can't wait to sew the ruffled version when I make my next flowy fabric order! 

The arm width is perfect - not too loose, and not tight. This can be an issue sometimes as I have a wider bicep than some designers use with their bust measurements and it's a hit or miss whether or not I need to due a bicep adjustment.  
 

 

I blame Beachbody, yoga, and throwing wood into one of our fire pits for 2+ hours a day at our camp for my pipes.  

The length is perfect - I'm 5'-2" but have a longer torso, so no adjustments were made. I do prefer covering my behind, so that's another reason I don't really adjust top or sweater lengths. 
 
 

Overall, I wear my cardis every week at work and really need more - because they are perfect for the office, but also on the go for pub night or games with friends.  

So if you're a bit afraid to sew your own cardigan sweater, don't be - Rebecca's instructions and photographs are on par and she guides you with every step.  

There is also a Cole's notes version of instructions for those of us who don't require pictures and more direction with our sewing projects. This saves a tree if you prefer printed patterns vs having the pattern on your computer or tablet while sewing.  

Another winner in my closet - I highly recommend the
Circle Cardie!


SO excited about my Cardie!
 

 




1 comment: