Wednesday 21 October 2015

Top Box October 2015 Kit

What is Topbox?

A monthly beauty subscription kit that allows you to test out products you may otherwise have no idea about.

For $12 a month plus shipping CAD, it's a steal.

Generally I get one full sized product, and 3-4 sample sized products.  Generally the samples are generous sized.

It ships out on the 15th of each month.

If you want to join, please send me an email for a secret code to let you jump the waiting line!


Token dog appreciating the Cardboard Tube that Topbox arrives in:


The items:


This month's kit included a variety of products, including something I was running out of (hand cream).

Make Up Forever
Smokey Extravagant Mascara
A precision mascara that adds colume, length, and curl.  This clump-free mascara delivers long-lasting wear in one stroke.  Using 4D technology, an exclusive microdefining wax complex envelopes the lash surface in ultrablack pigments for far-away impact and up-close precision.  The dual-purpose, cone-shaped brush has a precision tip that separates lashes as the rounded base creates extravagent volume from any distance.  
6.8ml $28 Available at all Sephora Stores, and Sephora.ca


This mascara went onto my lashes quite easily in two strokes per eye (this is important as I'm half asleep when I do my make up at 5:30 in the morning before work).  It was thick, but not so thick that it looked cakey.  It also passed the blink test - blink 3 times after application to see if any mascara gets on your face - you know what I mean, ladies.

There are comparables out there at a better price point - I'd even say one of the CoverGirl Lashblast Mascaras would be pretty comparable at 1/3 of the price.

Needless to say, I'm still looking forward to using this to its last drop.



Delectable
Ultra Nourishing Hand Cream
Indulge your hard working hands with a well-deserved treat.  Packed full of goodness, this ultra nourishing hand cream is enriched with ingredients to smooth, nourish, and rejeuvenate hand and cuticles.  Rich and never greasy.  Enjoy super smooth, soft and nourished hands.  
60ml $15  Available at Be-Delectable.com

I was almost out of hand cream when this arrived.  Yes, I realize I can use regular moisturizers, I just find hand creams provide that extra umph my hands and cuticles need - especially with this colder weather approaching!

I only required a small dollap of this hand cream for it to effectively cover my hands - the first thing I noticed was the smell - a nice light coconut smell.  Where was my Margarita? And Cabana Boy?

*sigh*

It was effective enough, and certainly not greasy.  I do, however, disinfect and wash my hands a lot at work, especially with the cold season upon us, so it also washed off, hence reapplication required several times a day or my fingers started doing that wrinkly "I'm cold and dry" thing they do.

I like the product, and I'm on the fence as to whether or not I'll purchase it.  There are similar options at a lower price point that would do just the same job.




Elizabeth Arden
Flawless Future Powered by CeramideTM Night Cream
Flawless Future Night Cream supports skin's nightime renewal process to help brighten and even skin tone, and ease the appearance process to help brighten and even skin tone, and ease the appearance of fine lines.  It features a stress busting, mineral-rich botanical and an exclusive fragrance technology that's clinically proven to induce a feeling of well-being and relaxation for a better night's sleep.  
50ml $66 Available at Hudson's Bay the TheBay.com

I have a difficult time liking Elizabeth Arden products.  I find they make my face dry (even if they are a moisturizer), and I don't see results.

This stays consistent with my normal stance.

It seems relatively unscented.  And really. It's me.  I REALLY doubt the aroma will help me fall asleep or stay asleep.  If it did, I'd invest money in Elizabeth Arden Stocks yesterday.


Emani
HD Bamboo Setting Powder
Seamlessly set your makeup and optimize light-reflexion on the skin.  Fine lines, wrinkles, and pores optically fade as skin is visibly smoothed.

That description is awesomesauce!

I took out my face brush, and swatted away at the Emani powder until it was lightly dusted.  Then started dusting my face.  At first swat, I was not impressed and all I could see was powder - the reason I got away from powdered foundation.

Then I continued blending it into my skin.  And could no longer see the powder.  Or my nose pores.  Or the redness of my cheeks, OR THE POWDER.

This stuff is pretty amazing, and I see it lasting quite awhile - Sold!






No comments:

Post a Comment