Sunday 4 October 2015

Halloween Costume 2015! The Dragon...

I LOVE Halloween .  I think it's the fact that I can be someone else, dress up, and not care what other people think.  The remaining 364 days of the year, I just don't feel as liberated.



I don't care if I'm 36. I dress up for Halloween at work. It's awesome! It's probably my favourite day at work of the year.



I pinned a menagerie of Dragon-DIY costume parts that I could make at a minimal cost and use materials I already had in the house.  I only had to get the black fabric (75% off at Fabricland!) which has an awesome dragonesque design to it, black elastic, and stuffing for the tail.



The rest I used was silver fabric (I think I bought that for my Tardis Costume created in 2014), Red fleece (from the Crystal's Bird Toy Days), and black thread.



It took me overall about 2 weeks to make on and off on weekends in 1-2 hour spurts, and the occasional weeknight.  For me, it's actually one of my easier costumes.



And here is a sneak peak - it's difficult to Selfie myself in it, and others just don't seem to take pictures that I feel represent my costumes to their fullest.  Maybe this year I'll luck out :)



And don't worry - I'll have my annual Selfie with Merlin when I put it on for the 30th (which is the Friday before Halloween).

Tail - it's about 5 feet long with fishing line sewn in so it can attach to my hand for full waving motion.

The gloves - these were the first pieces I made...they still look cool under the cape

Leg warmers with dragon spikes. I went there.

Inside of Dragon wings with silver lining sewn in - and the gloves laid out near the middle

Dragon Wings outside - the material pattern is SOOO cool and appropriate!

Prom dress circa 1996.  I can still squeeze into it, and it's the underbase of my dragon costume.  Oh yeah. 

This week I start Husband's costume - as a Knight.  Apparently I'm going to be leashed around my neck somehow so I can be the tame dragon...hmmmmm...very Game of Thrones.



Now if someone has a Halloween party we can attend, that would be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment