Saturday 3 October 2015

So This Happened in September...

So yeah...right after my September 12th post, a bike ride fall I'd had on September 10th started creeping up on me, leading to a doctors visit and two emergency room visits.



Woo.



So no exercise until November 2nd. 



I think my riding season is over too.




Despite my pain and bedridden state for 11 days, my main concern since the beginning of August has been The Fynn.



We found a lump above his left elbow a week before his scheduled annual checkup.


Poor Lumpy


The vet was able to take a sample right then and there, and it was deemed to be cancerous.  But if he was to get one type of Cancer, this is the type of cancer that's the best.



These lumps are removable, and due to its location and size, hadn't yet imploded and entered the bloodstream or any other parts of his body.



All I heard was, "Blah blah blah Cancer, blah blah, surgery" inbetween my tears.



Husband nicknamed him, "Cancer Dog," whereas I move lovingly called him "Lumpy"



Fynn is not the best dog, his vet is a Super Hero each time he visits - yay for anti social, anxiety ridden, ADD weirdo rescue dog.  If he likes you, he loves you.  If you're afraid of him, he doesn't like you.  If you're a stranger, he doesn't like you.



Those who are deemed worthy of his love see a totally different side of The Fynn vs those who haven't gotten the chance to know him.  He can be scary with his scary bark and jumping.



As our private trainer said - he's going to be the best dog he can be, and will never be perfect.



We love him dearly, and he really does try.  Every year he gets more and more snuggly and cuddly and just needs reassurance and love.  He's lucky we're stubborn, and that I'm aware of our surroundings and his limitations.  We have an understanding and bond.



I'll never give up on The Fynn, and help him to ensure he is set up to succeed, not to fail.



So...that being said - him needing to go to the clinic more than once a year was stressful in itself.



Cancer is a scary word. Especially in such a small being.  And looking at the associated costs sucks too.  He just turned 6, so he's only halfway through life and full of enthusiasm and determination.

So he had surgery a few weeks ago.  They removed the entire tumour, and hopefully all of the surrounding cells.



There is a chance that it could grow again if the cells weren't all removed.  Hopefully Dr. L proves his super powers with Fynn once again and we don't see that tumour again.

Home from Surgery - he couldn't lift his head up

Sad puppy

He kept taking his wrap off
His healing hasn't been the quickest due to the area.  I've used gauze, wraps, and kept his muzzle on until he figured out how to lick through the muzzle through the bandage.  We were lucky enough to be able to borrow a Cone of Shame, which is awesome and working.
Silence of the Lambs muzzle - it works!

It's funny watching him try to walk through doors and into walls...he's just darling.

Shame Shame Shame
So as we recovered together the last few weeks (it WAS kind of nice to be able to just lay drugged up with him while being catered to by Husband....I didn't really have any worries or cares once I got the proper medication...), I was glad to be able to ensure Fynn felt loved and taken care of.
Healing together



I love The Fynn.



No comments:

Post a Comment