Thursday 31 May 2018

Mom's Craft Room Renovation - February Progress








So I went every weekend in February - usually a 9-10 hour day, as I was slow and meticulous.

And there was  a LOT of craft supplies to go through.

In order to organize, though, one must make a mess. So I made a mess.

My process entailed pulling everything out of a drawer, bin, or crevice - one area at a time.  Sort through it, repeat




And another bag of stupid flowers on the left, and more containers of random treasures on the right - probably a good few hours to sort through.





The organization sprawled into the upstairs hallway for weeks...








So many empty containers in the left picture (hallway) - some were recycled, others put in the basement storage room.


On the right, the window corner with more bins emptied.








On the left, the closet was getting organized! 


And on the right, bins awaiting to be put into the closet on the shelves.



The is a double bed. And the ribbon I spent days twirling onto foam 2" squares.




Flowers organized by colour in separate containers. 

I decorated the containers with a nautical theme - and a colour of the flower pertaining to what's in the container!





And remember that old pincushion from the last post?

The one on the left is old, and the right is new and cute!  A cactus pincushion!!



Did I mention mom Scrapbooks??  Well here's some of her paper and pictures!






On the left, Mom's working table in transition - the basket on top ended up being hung on the wall above the sewing table later on.


On the right, table cleared off, and two cabinets Mom was using to store letters she cut from magazines - now used for beads, brads, and bobbles!


Everything is now labelled on the little cabinets, and the board is $2.50 cork board with some glittery fabric ($1.25) - both from Dollarama.  This is  a great board to pin memories, pictures, or projects.






 

Close up of the board lace fabric, and the table area almost complete!






The left side of the closet - I moved a cabinet that had been under the window into the closet, and hung her craft sheet and stencils.







On the right are 3 photo boxes. I actually separated the words Mom cuts from magazines into themes, printed over 100 labels, made over 100 little folder files, and organized them.


Please stay organized!

I also used two drawers from a box I used elsewhere to make little shelves for her punch stamps!  They're decorated with nautical themed cording and shells




Who doesn't want to be welcomed home wiht a Welcome Board? This and the markers were under $5 at the Dollarama.


I also printed some inspirational stickers (hung up with magnets and hard to see) to inspire Mom to be the best person she can be!






Apicture of Mom in her 20s? She is still a pretty and elegant woman. I'm going to age well!

And a box I hung with dried flowers








I found some old pictures - this is me  graduating College in Mississauga - I was SO young!



Merlin and I in our first official apartment with NO ROOMATES!  It was awesome to be so poor to be able to afford this and nothing else (seriously - I'm not a roomate person - I like personal space).

The balcony was neat, as the old tenants put up chicken coop wire to keep out the seagulls, so I asked the Landlord to keep it up. Merlin and I would sit on the balcony at night and just listen to Lake Ontario - the waves crashing. And have coffee in the morning.



And I found out why Mom decided to start cutting things out of magazines and decorating store bought cards...I guess I started that Trend!







Last but not least for February - the damn ribbon. all the damn ribbon.


All organized by type and colour in two drawers. Vs 20 different spots.


Until next organization day when sh$t gets real!

No comments:

Post a Comment