Thursday 17 May 2018

Me Made May Day 17: Ballerina Tie Top & Dreamy Drape Skirt

Today I'm going for the layering bottom effect. 

And wanted to look bad ass. 



So, I'm sporting a pair of leggings that started my sewing adventure along with a few me-made garments. 

These leggings I bought on sale at American Eagle for $8 just over 2 years ago. I thought they were almost done and wearing out a year and 4 months ago. 

That's when hell broke loose and I started sewing my wardrobe, due to the inability to find a) camisoles that were tunic length, and b) leggings that fit and didn't cost me an arm and a leg in stores.  

My office is beside one of our city's largest malls. I spent 3 lunches scouring for these two staple pieces to no avail. 

And forget about pants shopping. The only ones that would fit me cost $70-$80, as anything else made my "squat" thighs look like sausages. I mean, I'm in my 30's - why don't they make business pants for ladies who have real thighs? Who have done squats and lunges for years? More on this rant here.

Here's today's outfit other than the leggings:



The Wolf and the Tree's Ballerina Tie Top

Yes, I know I wore one already this week, BUT this is my short sleeved version. 

More on one of my fave easy-to-sew tops in a previous post



Rebecca Page's Dreamy Drape (Add On) Skirt

I like pairing my mini Star Wars themed Dreamy Drape skirt with leggings - I mean, what girl doesn't like layering? 

It will pair well in the summer with Capris leggings - allowing me to wear non-tunic length shirts AND leggings together. 

More on my awesome skirt here.

Sew on and have fun with your wardrobe - life's too short to be serious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment