Tuesday 24 September 2019

The Clover Dress - George + Ginger Sewing Pattern Review

When The George + Ginger Clover Dress pattern was released, it reminded me of my old worn out Modcloth Coach dresses.  

The vintage flare, neckline, buttons...I just lacked the fabric that screamed, "MAKE ME."

That is, until I met Libelle Sewing's Black Polka Dot Scuba fabric. 



I immediately cut out the pattern - like cutting through nice butter - and sewed up Clover within a few days of the fabric arriving. 

The fabric gives some structure without being TOO structured - it has a relaxing factor to it, and can become skirts, pants, dresses, and more. 





It does breath, pending the garment isn't too tight on your skin - so these sleeves will likely come off and I'll go sleeveless as the sleeves are tight (maybe a bicep adjustment would of helped) and just wear a cute cardigan over it instead. 

The sewing itself was easy to follow as usual for a G + G pattern, and I love the ease of construction and the fact that I lacked requiring a seam ripper. 

It took me maybe an hour to sew up Clover, and I'm so glad I did - the end result is divine.  



Perfect for visits with customers outside the office, or a fun gathering on the weekend. 

This fabric was meant for this dress. 

What do YOU think?


No comments:

Post a Comment