Tuesday 24 September 2019

Pretty in Pink - Libelle Sewing Fabrics Bring together the Zappa and Sienna

I went outside the box with Libelle Fabrics and went bright and cheery with their new Hot Pink Cotton Lycra and Mauve Floral Scuba fabrics. 

The Cotton lycra is like a dream - it feels thick, but still drapes well and sews up SO easily.  The recovery (way it goes back after stretching) is pretty sleek and consistent.  It hasn't pilled after several washes, and has retained its brightness.

I'll definitely be back for more - in every. Single. Colour. 



The Scuba cuts like a nice butter, but sew so nicely without snagging.  It's pretty lightweight, and perfect for pants, coats, and anything really needing a little bit of form.  I'd highly recommend trying it out



The patterns I used for this ensemble are the George + Ginger Zappa pants and my first Sinclair Pattern - The Sienna Knit Drawstring top.

I got the Zappa pattern on its release in 2018, but just haven't had the fabric for them. These pants were definitely calling for this lovely floral scuba - and I wasn't sure at first.  Would flowers be too overpowering? WOuld scuba be breathable?  No and yes. 

I used a few slivers of Libelle Cotton Lycra in black for the front fun bits, and that helped bring everything all together. 

As usual, my G + G pattern was simple to follow and quick. Even though they look complicated, they're usually simple to me.  





The Sienna top got compliments from Husband immediately - he loves the ruching and was actually happy with the colour.  

I need some happy colours in my life right now. And this Hot Pink did the job. 

The instructions were easy to follow (minus a bit of ruching confusion, but I figured it out), and I like that there are height size options - I did opt for the regular instead of petite (I'm 5'-2", but I usually prefer a longer top. 

I'll definitely be back to Sinclair to sew up more of their patterns in the future. 

Overall, new fabric and new patterns = Happy Unicorn. 

Libelle ships to Canada and USA, so stock up on ALL the fabrics and lace you can - the quality is above and beyond, and certainly doesn't disappoint.


No comments:

Post a Comment