Tuesday 10 July 2018

Sewing Pattern Review: Bella Sunshine Designs Sophia Racerback

***ON SALE July 10-18!

Ladies:  Regular $10 - Release $6.50 w/code BSDSophia

Girls: Regular $9 - Release $5.50 w/code BSDSophia

Bundle it up: Regular $17 - Release $10 w/code BSDSophiaBundle



I love a good tank top. 

I also love clothes that are more flowy and less tight fitting for daily wear, or hanging out. 

The Sophia is a knit racerback pattern with a lovely flowy bottom.





I sewed up size 4 overbust without grading for waist/hips as usual (I'd grade to a 12/14 for waist/hips otherwise).  

I did this for a few reasons: 
1) Lack of fabric that was flowy enough
2) I didn't want it to look TOO big on the bottom

The end results?  A top I feel comfortable in, and love to show off!

The armcycle is great on me and not too tight despite my larger biceps (vs biceps on a "store model" comparable size), and my fabric flows nicely without weird bulges. 


 


I can wear this with my racerback bras, regular sports bras, or even my sultry lacy bras with a little somethin' somethin' showing on my back. 

I'm 5'-2", and didn't shorten it, as I generally like longer length tops - this means I can wear this Racerback with leggings, but not show my big caboose to the world. 




The sizing for ladies is as follows:
- Overbust: from 30" to 59.75"
- Waist: from 23.5" to 53.5"
- Hips: from 33" to 59.75"
- Bicep: from 9.75" to 22.5"

You can also purchase the pattern for Girls sizing from 6 months to 12 years old as well! 

My first top was made with a very light sweater knit (which can show every bulge and bump with the wrong pattern) and another random light sweater knit for the purple bindings. 




My second top was made from Double Poly Brushed fabric, and is so soft. I want to pet it and snuggle with it. 




I'm weird. 

This pattern took about an hour or so from cut to finish, and the instructions are simple to follow.  

I didn't even have to use my seam ripper on either top!  

This doesn't happen often. 

I've made one other Racerback pattern previously, and the Bella Sunshine version is definitely easier and I just love the different flattering shape in comparison with your typical Racerback.  

I feel you will too!

Sew On!


No comments:

Post a Comment