Tuesday 31 July 2018

My Last Minute Rocky Horror Picture Show DIY Costume & Decor!


We have a projector screen at our camp, and had 3 people request the Rocky Horror Picture Show.


We held it a bit later in the month than we originally planned due to life happening, but when Rocky week came, I decided last minute we needed decorations and I needed an outfit.


Yay me!







I made basic signs related to the movie from posterboard in order to direct people to our camp (it's really in the middle of nowhere with no interweb, and good luck getting your GPS to work). 


I put the Jump to the Left sign right before our camp - because you really did have to turn slightly left to get to our lot.



Seating set up for the guests.  I even put out some props, like party blowers, unicorn hats (why not??), sparklers, Melba Toast (which Gideon proceeded to eat throughout the movie), and bubbles


Of course I had to make the Time Warp directions sign. Just in case.  Basic posterboard and some scrapbook paper for the shoes.

My Columbia outfit consisted of:
- 5 out of 4's Rosanna Top
- Rebecca Page's Peggy Pencil Skirt (mini)
- Bella Sunshine Designs Eden Leggings
- Dollarama straw hat I covered in sparkles and put a cute sparkly black band around.


For the Rosanna Top, I colour blocked several sparkly fabrics together for the bodice and skirt, and it's brilliant!

More seating around the fire pit - you can see the screen on the right side


Our 120" projector screen!

Fire ban was on, so I put citronella candles on a well staged fire pit.


Just in case...updated our chalkboard paint message board!




Happy Horror sign - used the Rebecca Page Bunting Kit for the flags and direction, and just printed out some scary lettering on size 500.  Cutting them out by hand was a pain, but it added a cute effect.  

Then people started arriving - these ladies are a hoot!  Bras on the outside, and beads for all!

Husband will kill me if he sees this. We got him into it, and he wore a boa for at least a minute

Who doesn't have a 3 feet long dinosaur?

And let the movie begin! 


It was a great night with minimal (to me) decorating prep time - in total I spent about 5 or 6 hours getting the signs and costume made up, and it was appreciated by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment