Wednesday 3 May 2017

Sew Like My Mom - The Ficus Cardigan!

I partook n a Sew-a-long for Sew Like My Mom's Ficus Cardigan back in March, and I was only one of three people to complete their cardigan (aka blazer), winning a $10 credit for a fabric store in the United States that escapes my mind.

Despite the lack of completed entries, I surprisingly LOVE this pattern.  I didn't feel that Peplum shaped anything would look good on me, but this cardigan (which I call a Blazer) is perfect for work! 

It was a really quick and easy sew, and I wear it at least once a week to work now. It would also be cute in a print for a night on the town or just to dress up a t-shirt and jeans.

The Ficus Cardigan is your perfect year-round light layer! Its sweet peplum and large collar offer unique details to enhance its simple design. Enjoy short sleeves when the weather is warm, elbow length for days when you need a little more coverage, and long sleeves for the chillier days. The optional tie creates the perfect finishing detail for an easy, polished look. This cardi is sure to steal your heart and become a favorite!

Available in short, elbow, or long sleeves, this peplum cardi will get you through the year!

This PDF pattern features 48 pages of color photos and detailed instructions for sewists of all skill levels. 9 sizes are included, from XXS to 3XL.

Here is my quick sew up step-by-step via Pictures Pages!

Fabrics chosen and pattern cut out!
Bodice sewn
The Peplum is on!
Adding the arms!
Arms attached
Front collar added


Sewing the hem!

Who needs one bely, when you can have two??


Sporting Ficus with Paris Party Dress Top



Ca fin!
I love it. The fabric helps to - it's a thicker knit that I got at Fabricland Kanata when it was closing down. At $2 a metre, I had to get a whackload of it.


I recommend sewing up the Ficus to fancy up your wardrobe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment