Wednesday 29 April 2015

The Ability to Shop My Closet (and Insanity Max: Cardio Challenge)

A year ago I REFUSED to buy more work pants.  The last Rickis pants I bought (the only ones that seem to fit ladies with Big bums, hips, and thighs) were NOT cheap at $50-$70 a pop.

I have a closet full of pants that I know I can wear again - ones that weren't even worn for very long and look new.   They're folded up on a shelf just screaming to be worn again. By Me.

We ALL have these clothes in our closets.  The ones we KNOW we will wear once again. 

I also have a selection of dresses and some shirts that just were no longer flattering, my thighs, stomach, and hips jutting out to make an unattractive bulge.

I didn't buy any more work pants, and just suffered through with being able to barely breathe, and eventually just wearing A line dresses that allowed me to sort of Breathe at work, and Yoga pants at home.

This morning I tried on another random piece of clothing.  A dress I hadn't been able to fit into since 2013.  It was too tight in the middle, and not a forgiving cut at all.


It fits. And there's actually room to breathe.  And there's actually room at the back - my caboose shrunk!

SCORE!

I'm loving the ability to Shop My Own Closet! 

We're on a stict budget currently and have to ask - do we need it? How will it benefit us? Do I already have this item?

I have already taken out what I know I won't wear again (style, age, etc.).  And I don't need any more regular or work clothes, tshirts, or jeans.  I need more active wear (as hey, now I'm active every day), so I just stalk the We Made Too Much section on Lululemons website every Thursday when it's updated with "new" items.  I refuse to buy them full price, but the quality and fit - even Husband agrees - is stupendous.  I can't go back to frumpy stinky workout clothes again. If I can get a tank top that will last me 3-4 years for $30 on sale, why not?  It's better than 3 tank tops that for $20 each that will stink after one use. I like durability and wicking material.

Take this morning.  I did my Insanity Max 30: Cardio Challenge.

I wore Roots Yoga pants and my Lulu funky shirt (it's flowy and turquoise). I seriously sweat during this workout - my top was dry, my bottom...not so much.  I forgot why I wear my Lulu pants or shorts for every workout - anything else, my body seriously doesn't agree with.  Might be snotty, but I like what I like (and at a great price in the clearance section!).

The workout - this is my second time doing this one. My comments throughout:
- OMG, he ACTUALLY gave us a 30 second break!
- Made it to 17:57 before I maxed out!
- I hate Suicide Burpees

I don't think I even made it past 10 minutes last time, so this is an improvement!

Just remember - every day you can do a little bit more.  You may not be perfect, quick, or keep going the whole time; but you stepped up and did it.  That's a huge accomplishment in itself! 






No comments:

Post a Comment