Tuesday 28 April 2015

Insanity Max30 - Rest Day?




What is a rest day?

It used to be the day Husband and I would go to the pub for Wings & Beer...but about 3 weeks ago, enough was enough, and we've ixnayed beer (thus wings - because one cannot enjoy wings without beer) from our diet.

Beer doesn't really help me, as per my doctor, I really shouldn't have yeast or sugar in my diet. What is beer made of? These things :(.

Now we're not really going out to eat, as I'm a superb chef - ok - I prepare things ahead of time, once a week stick them in the freezer, and take them out the morning of said meal so we have no excuses not to eat delicious, yet healthy, meals. That's a whole post on its own.
Back to topic - What the heck is Insanity Max 30? It's this: 

It's crazy.

It's intense.

It's Shaun T. Who refers to himself in the third person ALL the time.

Systic would like to refer to herself in third person as well, but I don't have the pizzazz for it today. That's all I got.

As mentioned previously, I'm a normal (okay, really weird, but not crazy) person. I'm 36 years old. I started workout out almost daily since October 24, 2014.

P90X3 was difficult

Focus T25 was even more difficult. 

I tried to find Brazil Butt Lift (Beachbody as well), but couldn't "find" a "copy" - I really wanted to do a workout named "Bum Bum" - really, what could be wrong about that? Plus that program would result me in an awesome behind and Booty shorts! I don't really have shorts, so free shorts seemed like a good idea.

So, I already had a copy of Max30, and started it last week.

OMG. This really IS Insane. I feel like I'm going to do modified moves forever. But I'm pressing Play. And I'm going to get the Free T-Shirt as my reward. I'm like Pavlov's dog here.

Shaun stares at the camera, takes off his shirt so he can "breath" (he just wants to show us his 6-pack), people fake out in their Max Outs, Water sweat drips off the men. It's awesome.

I have sworn at him all week long. But I did it. I made it to the first of 2 rest days.

This "rest" day, I opted for the Pulse workout - kind of a neat stretching 20 minute workout - which I STILL sweat through - before heating out to Clark Kent Day job on my exhausting 9-5 shift week.

I'm guessing I burned about 192 calories based on the (can't think of the proper word - what's that word where...oh yeah) CONSENSUS provided me with the average calories burned for my weight/height.

...Above sentence - welcome to my regular brain fog! It's awesomesauce.
I'm just going to plow through, and leave "rest days" to start Shaun T's Hip Hop Abs...or something to get rid of that unhappy blubby area that is causing me to not fit into my old/new work pants. It's the plateau I have to plow through.
Gideon and Me!



Hopefully Husband will wait for biking tonight, as today's mega eating plan consists of:

- Breakfast: Peanut Butter Toast & Milk

- Snacks (I eat all day long) - Grapes, Strawberries, Banana, Pretzel Sticks, Carrot Sticks, Cucumber, Almond/Peanut/Sesame Seed/Pumpkin Seed mix

- Lunch: Mixed green salad with chicken breast, cucumber, mushrooms, celery, and some sort of fat free Kraft dressing.

- Dinner - no idea - possibly homemade burgers with salad, or possibly Butter Chicken with 1/2 cup of rice & mushrooms

Dinner's a crap shoot this week as Husband is supposed to be in charge - so it really could be Hot Dogs, as we have partial leftovers in the fridge to still eat.

Biking would burn anywhere from 500-1000 calories. This biking thing has caused me to lose about 2lbs a week for the last 2 weeks despite eating more than I noted above every day. I can't eat enough calories most days. i do try!

I feel I enjoy the challenge of a healthy lifestyle, as it really can be difficult at times to not get bored with it.

Shaun T is highly motivating to help keep me interested in a workout program. 184 days in? And I'm excited for the next program, and the next, and next. The possibilities are endless (and attention grabbing).

And I want that damn free T-Shirt.

And a poutine.

No comments:

Post a Comment