Monday 7 October 2019

The Unfortunate Sewing Pattern - Itch to Stitch's Brasov Wrap Top

I don't recall the last time I truly didn't enjoy sewing up something new. 

Or trying a new designer. 

The Brasov Wrap Top was my first, and unfortunately last, Itch to stitch Sewing pattern. 

I really love the end result, but sewing it up was truly a test of my patient patience. 



The first few pages of instructions were great - with respect to sizing, fabric type, and measurements. 

Then it took me almost 4 hours to sew the darn top up - with only 3.5 pages of instructions and 20 steps. 

I used my seam ripper too many times to count, and almost gave up. 

But I couldn't waste my beautiful Cotton Lycra fabric from Libelle Sewing.

And let's just say, the Zappa pants pictured above only took me an hour to sew, and I feel are a more complicated pattern design overall. 

 

 I love the drape and flow of the fabric for this pattern.  

And the top looks rather good on me (especially with a proper bra on). 

Grading it was easy, and the fit is perfect. 

But the overall sewing experience, and misunderstandings with most of the steps as to what to do, left me to never wanting to sew an Itch to Stitch Pattern again. 

I think I have their Free skirt pattern, but I'll just recycle that. 

I would rather sew a coat with buttons, zippers, a hood, pockets, and frills. Whose kidding - I really would love to sew a jacket with all of those things!  


No comments:

Post a Comment