Thursday 10 October 2019

Octopus, Octopus, Gulp, Gulp, Gulp! The Rebecca Page FREE Octopus Sewing Pattern

Octopus, Octopus Squiggling in the Water, Gulp, Gulp, Gulp!

Bring your sea squabbling adventures to life with Rebecca Page's adorable and FREE Octopus Sewing Pattern!

She includes several options:
- Embroidered legs
- Add weighted beads to the legs to make her legs poseable
- Sew, Iron, or paint on her eyes and mouth
- Octopus or Spider (or something else?) 



I used some of my felt stash for a nice purple and yellow blend of bright colours. 

Everything is hand sewn, which I find therapeutic and quite enjoy. 

The most tedious part is cutting out the fabric, and then it's clear sailing from that point onwards!


Look how cute her eyes are!  I opted to be lazy and used my glue gun to glue on the felt circles, but you can use iron on fabric, embroider them, use buttons or Googly Eyes, sew the felt on - whichever method you prefer!

The same goes with her mouth, which I opted to embroider on, topping off with some adorable cheek circles. 


I embroidered her legs as per the instructions, and once I did one leg, I just flew through my straight stitches!  It makes a neat effect.  

I think buttons underneath would make them look like suckers and more authentic. Okay, as authentic as a felt octopus is going to be...


Ahol Hoy!  She's ready for adventures in the great sea!

I think she'll just love her enemies until they give in, and bring goodness to all with that big smile!  Kindness can certainly scare the evil away!

Overall, you can't go wrong with this FREE Pattern - get her here now!

No comments:

Post a Comment