Tuesday 26 March 2019

Summer is Coming...5 out of 4's Key West Bikini, Tankini, Dress Pattern Review

Summer is coming, right?  

Although weather in Ottawa doesn't feel like sunshine and rainbows, the new 5 out of 4 Patterns Key West pattern has definitely put me in the mood!  

 


Fun Features:
- Choose your cup - for the best bust fit!
- Option for bikini top, tankini, knee or maxi length dress
- Options for built in bra with or without removable cups!
- Banded or normal hem
- Key hole front neckline option
- Maternity options
- 2 or 3 back loops!

 

Honestly, I was concerned about the halter-style neck tie, as they cause me excessive neck and shoulder pain, but it is actually super comfortable and I'm able to wear my tankini around the house all day without pain.


The top is supposed to sit higher on the neckline (closer to the collar bone), however, this is comfortable in my situation (aka I stare at a computer all day long for work).


 

I love the band option as it makes the top longer - and I LOVE longer tops. 

This is the perfect tankini for me to wear at camp this year, as I can just jump into the river once I've finished my workout (wood clearing), but still look super stylish while driving the ATV. 

These are important things!

The instructions are detailed and easy to follow - and there is a lot of support on the 5 out of 4 Patterns Group if you have any questions.

 

The most tedious part has to be the tie. It's about 4.5 feet long, and bringing the tie through the loop takes as long as at least half a Netflix Episode.

You could cheat, and just fold the tie fabric widthwise  and zig zag slowly the entire 4.5+ feet and not have to turn the tie inside out.

Aesthetically, it's just nicer when it's turned - but if you get the zig zag in the centre of the back of the tie, it can look just as nice.

 

Really...this has been a LONG winter in Ottawa. A week ago, this snow was 2 feet higher....so I'll take the recent melt as a step in the right direction.

But summer really *is* coming!

I paired my Key West with my first (and not last!) pair of Tidal Wave Swim Shorts. I LOVE them!  The fit is perfect, I don't have muffin top, and they are easy to move in. I opted for just the normal band with elastic, and they stay up without any issues. They definitely feel like a second skin - but in a good way!

If you're wondering where my fabric is from - it's from Water Tower Textiles - my go-to fabric store. 

So, get your Key West Pattern now. 

If we all sew our swim gear, it will bring on the Miami Heat Wave!

No comments:

Post a Comment