Saturday 23 January 2016

My Review on the January Topbox - Monthly Beauty Kit

I love my Topbox, and due to a Canada Post error, I received Decembers and Januarys kits both within a few days of each other.

Beauty supply overload!!

For $12 a month, you can also get excited each month with 4-5 beauty samples - 1 of them usually being a full sized product.  It's a great way to test out new beauty supplies without paying for a full sized product.



January TopBox 


Make Up For Ever - Step 1 Skin Equalizer - Smoothing Primer - For Large Pores & Fine Lines

A makeup primer that assists with balancing the skin's texture and tone for smoother, more even, and longer-lasting makeup wear.  SMOOTHING PRIMER instantly fills in and blurs imperfections for silky soft skin.  This satiny, non-oily formula evens out skin texture by minimizing pores, wrinkles, and fine lines.  

30ml for $43 at Sephoria

Meh.  I didn't find any changes with my make up's effectiveness or the smoothness of my face with this equalizer.  It didn't get rid of my rosy cheeks, and my fine lines are already being taken care of by moisturizers.

I have used other primers in the past, and this doesn't have a satiny feel to it as some other do.


Model Co Eye Define Eye Pencil

A must have tool for intense, long lasting colour.  Long wearing, creamy, densely pigment pencil complete with an inbuilt sharpener for precise application anytime.  

16g for $19.52 at ModelCoCosmetics.com

I really like this pencil.  Normally I find pencils break SO easily and then don't sharpen properly - ever.

This pencil has a nice tip, and goes on pretty smoothly to create a nice accent for my mascara.  The sharpener as the lid is an ingenious idea!  I'll never lose my sharpener!

I see this pencil lasting me much longer than most pencils and gel pencils I've used in the past.


Teez Trendd Cosmetics - Read My Lips Lipstick

This long lasting lipstick combines the power of highly-pigmented coverage and a unique satin, mate finish.  The lipstick's smooth, ultra creamy texture and added coconut oil extract nourishes and hydrates the lips, with colour that lasts for up to 8 hours.  

2g for $28.94.  Available at TeezCosmetics.com

Meh. The colour I received was pretty red.  So maybe good for Halloween as I rarely wear lipstick.  If I do, it's light pink or a gloss as my lips are REALLY dry normally.  I'm a lip balm kind of gal.

I also didn't like the tube - the tube twirls, and the lipstick doesn't, so it's at an odd angle to apply.

It applies smoothly, but as described, is a matte finish, so quite drying for my lips. There was no hydration of the lips as the product describes.


Skyn Iceland - Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels 

An intense 10 minute weekly treatment packing the wrinkle erasing power of a muscle relaxing injection that instantly flattens expression lines you have, while preventing future ones from forming.

8 gel patches for $35.  Available at SkynIceland.com

These were really simple to apply to my face, and felt kind of cool underneath my eyes.

I took them off 10-15 minutes after application, and didn't really notice a difference (before is left picture, after is the right).

I am thinking that if this is a regular part of your beauty routine, it may make a difference, but one application is difficult to tell with. I hate testing and review products with only the chance to try it one time.

Science is about experiment, repeat, repeat, repeat.

Until my next Topbox review!!

No comments:

Post a Comment