Saturday 23 January 2016

December TopBox Review - The Benefit Package

So. I love Topbox.

For $12 a month I get 4-5 beauty product samples shipped to me on the 15th of each month.

One of the products is usually a full-sized product, so that in itself more than pays for the monthly fee.

December was shipped out on December 13th. And sat in Mississauga....it's still showing there. So, I contacted their support staff after a few weeks to see if they could reship out a new package.

January 4th, they shipped out a second box.

It is still sitting in the York sorting plant....and never arrived.

This week, I contacted my person again, and she sent another box. It arrived the following day!

I think because Topbox is printed on the outside package, they were most likely taken by the postal staff instead of being delivered, as they never showed tracking leaving their original centres or show that they came close to Ottawa.  They ARE pretty awesome kits!

I normally order the regular kit (surprise as to what you get), but they sent me he Benefit Box as my replacement.  This is okay, as \I have received some of their samples before and love-love-loved them!



The December Benefit Box


They're Real! Tinted Primer - dual-purpose tinted lash primer - 8.5g for $31

This is a brown colour primer - a product type I have never used.  I think some people put multiple layers of mascara on, so they would be the target audience for lash primer.

I applied it, and it's not too thick - it would even look good just on its own.  It did create an awesome base for my mascara, and my lashes really DID look like they were't real without all the fuss and muss of fake eyelashes.



They're Real! Mascara - Dramatic length and volume mascara - 8.5g for $31

This is an amazing mascara - my lashes looked nice and full, and as hard as I tried, they didn't clump.
My lashes even curled upwards and really did look like high quality false eyelashes!

It was easy to apply, and the mascara doesn't clump on the brush either.


Roller Lash Mascara - Super curling and lifting mascara - 8.5g for $31


This mascara I have tried out previously and recently ran out of, so I was happy for a replacement.

It's another fabulous non-clumping mascara that adds a really nice natural curl to my eyelashes.

It applies really easily, separating the lashes with each stroke, and one coat is perfect for my lashes.


They're Real! Remover - take it all off - waterproof eye makeup remover - 50g for $23

This is a nice creamy gel formula that is rather gentle yet effective in small quantities.  Just apply a bit to a cotton pad, and it removes your eye makeup and mascara SO easily.

It also doesn't irritate my eyes (which happens with my normal remover).


Gimmie Brow - volumizing fiber gel - 3g for $30

This one I actually gave to an acquaintance at work, as I know she loves Benefit products and had mentioned how excited she was to get the Gimmie Brow in her first Topbox kit.

I just let my brows go au natural, so it would of just sat in my cupboard until I decided to give it away anyhow.

Pay it forward to make someone's day when you can :)

January's review is up next!

No comments:

Post a Comment