Wednesday 3 June 2015

Friday Night Date Night with Shaun T: Month 2 Friday Night Fight Round 2


Holy Crap!  The Beachbody site tells me I'm 221 days into my life change of making fitness priority again!  I LOVE being about to challenge myself again, and have time for other life things too - like Husband and the Zoo.  Oh, and Girly things like painting and crafting.

Anyone who knows me from my CBT days, knows I was pretty much AWOL and stuck in the Dungeon all the time slaving away. It seems like a lifetime ago!

Having a life = Priceless

***************************

Shaun T likes to push me to my Max.  Like where I am just so exhausted or in so much pain that I flop to the ground.

This is a good thing though, as I seem to be Maxing out later every day. I can't see anything negative from having longer endurance.

Right?

Right??

So Friday Fight: Round 2 the apparently the hardest workout he has put together.  Because his other workouts were a walk in the park?

Every move lasts 1 minute, unless it's a Right side only then Left side only move (those are 45 seconds per side).

Here we go!

Iron Legs - Alternate Back lunge with a Squat, stand up and squeeze your behind. Repeat.

Floor Hops - Downward dog position, alternative legs to the side

Scissor "X" - Speed knees alternated with "x" arms while moving legs to alternate side (jacks)

Plank Jack Front Raise - On knees, alternately raise arms in front of your.

Plyo Hook Lunge - From chair position, alternate rear lunges with alternate arm hook at the front  - this was a fun move!  I like hooking.

Hit the Floor Tuck Jump - Side lunge and touch the ground, raise arms at the centre and repeat the lunge touch the ground on the alternate side.

Free Runner - Left side then right side (45 seconds each side) - Front lunge and life arms in power move to raise yourself from the lunge

Power Jump Dive  - Legs apart, fall forward, take two hand steps backwards, and tap alternate knees before falling forward again.  It's a lot more controlled then I explain it :)

Ski Down Abs - Sit on your behind, and row arms from side to side, like you are rowing a canoe or kayak.

Lat Push Up Alt - With arms close to your body, alternate diagonal push ups - this works the lats (aka upper arms)

Low High Switch Kicks - Low front kicks when Shaun T yells, High Front Knee kicks when Shaun T yells.

Slap Back Jump - Front squat with hands in front, stand up and squeeze behind with arms straight and slightly behind you.

Plank Jack Tap - in plank position, tap alternate shoulder with alternate hand - my shoulders feel awesome and hard core when I do this move!

Jab Speed Bag - Back lunge and move arms in a quick speed bag move (like you're hitting a boxing bag), then twist to the side and hop up & down like you're dunking a basketball

Plank to Squat - Hardcore.

Lunge Punch Kick - 45 seconds for each side - back lunge and come up jabbing with an oblique twist

Genie Tuck Jump - Keep core centred and fold arms like a genie - lift up alternating knees to centre of body

Wide Burpee Jump - Wide burpee and raise arms at the top for power

"X" Abs - On your back, move your arms and legs like a "x" - they must be off the ground!

Tricep Push Up Jack - Arms close to your side, do quick push ups to work the triceps

10 and 2 Punch - Move your body in the 10 and 2 position, punching alternate arms.

Oh hey, Shaun T took his shirt off - I was too busy sweating to notice when this happened.  Thank you, Shaun T!

8 Jab 2 Diamond - 8 jabs in a squat position, stand up and clench behind.

Burpee Punch Alt - Do a Burpee and punch with alternative arms on the way down.  I hate you Burpees.

High Knee Jab - High Knees while jabbing.  Simple, right?

Total Calories burned - 449

Awesome Level - Super!

Fynn even helped me work out.  No...he just made a mess of toys on the carpet, then flopped over when he Maxed Out.  At least he didn't try to join me - I generally lose my balance that way.


Some days I give up and don't bother sweeping. Silly messy, hairy, loveable beasts.

Now to decide...in 3 weeks, do I want to do Hip Hop Abs? Rockin' Body? Go back to P90X3?  Too early to stress about the next challenge!

*sigh*


No comments:

Post a Comment