Thursday 7 December 2017

The Sansa Pants - Bella Sunshine Designs Pattern Testing

I have SO many issues buying pants in store, it's part of the reason I started sewing my wardrobe this year.

One of my favourite designers, Bella Sunshine Designs, finally has their own pants party with the Sansa Pants

With a band or elastic waistband option, two points where they can be shortened or lengthened, and a cute retro flare on the bottom....if I add pockets to the front/back, they'd pass for pants I can wear at my casual office attire! 

If you can sew straight lines, you can cut and sew these pants in under an hour - for seriousness! 

As usual, I tend to use large scraps sewn together for my muslin (test product) phase of pattern testing - mine turned out perfectly first go with only 2" taken off underneath the knee to fit my 5'-2" frame.


 
 
Sewing up my final pair, I opted for 2 way stretch medium weight Scuba Knit - which although the pattern calls for 4 way stretch, this worked for me! 

I broke my NEW double needle, and my replacement is still in the mail after 2 weeks, so I opted for normal topstitching and hem stitching instead. 



Be a Unicorn Amongst Deer!

 
 
I really like the way my caboose looks in these pants too - flattering - not bulky.  The high rise band is perfect for preventing muffin top and keeping everything in place. And finally  - I don't have sausage thighs!  My thighs have a nice layer of muscle, which have caused issues with fitting into mainstream pants for years - and they're not even that large in diameter!  BSD made the perfect fit for NORMAL bodies.




Shake what your mom gave you!

As always, I had fun testing with the BSD team, and making yet another amazing outfit.

I paired my Sansa Pants with my latest Maggie Top - so grab both patterns for a flattering look and have a new outfit in under 2 hours!

1 comment: