Tuesday 17 April 2018

Sewing Pattern Review: Winter Wear Designs Outer Banks Boat Neck Tee and Tunic

I've wanted to pattern test for Suzanne from Winter Wear Designs for eons now, and finally had the opportunity to quickly sew up the long sleeved version of the newly released Outer Banks Boat Neck Tee and Tunic



I responded to a request Wednesday morning, and by mid afternoon te sameday, I had the top sewed up with proper photographs for a last minute pattern addition! 

So not a true pattern test, it let me email back and forth qith Suzanne, and she seems quite friendly and down to earth - like her Winter Wear Designs patterns.

It's a semi-loose fit knit top that offers several options:
- Boat neck with 3 different finishes - Suzanne will guide you through to get you the perfect flat fit!

- Sleeves: short, 3/4, long, or 3/4 length bishop sleeves (so pretty!)

- Top or tunic length (with RUCHING option!)

It's a great Wardrobe builder top, and can be as fancy or casual as your fabric allows. 

I opted for a medium weight C/L trailer pattern and lightweight C/L Royal Blue for the perfect mashup.



I love the ruching, and it is always my go to (along with pockets, hoods, and thumbhole cuffs), hence why the pattern instantly grabbed my attention.



The boatneck instructions were detailed for all levels of sewing, and led to a flat lay and an awesome new neckline sewing skill checked off on my skills list.

And for $5, you can't really go wrong with this pattern




I look forward to adding some thumbhole cuffs and doing a bit more colour blocking to sew up some of my odd width fabric scraps to my next boatneck tops!

Sew On!





No comments:

Post a Comment