Bella Sunshine Designs Emmaline instantly drew me in with the awesome Chevron Skirt!
I have sewn up both a dress and a top, and can't wait to hack the top version with Chevrons as well! Why? Because it's fun, a challenge, and because it's a test of skill.
The Emmaline pattern has a multitude of options, including:
- An unlined bodice\
- Banded flattering neckline
- Full Bust Adjustment pattern pieces if you upper and full bust have more than a 3" difference
- 2 A-line skirt options - simple (plain) or Chevron
- Top, Dress, or Maxi dress lengths
- From girls to ladies sizing
For the Ladies sizing, it goes:
- Up to 59.75" overbust
- Up to 53.5" Waist
- Up to 59.75 Hips
- Up to 22.6" Bicep (Melissa has awesome directions if you require a larger bicep adjustment)
The bodice is knit (4 way stretch) - a more stable cotton lycra is preferred to avoid sagging with the skirt weight.
|Same pattern - different looks!|
The skirt can be any knit fabric with good draping - the drapier, the more whimsical the skirt is!
It's about an hour or two from cutting to finished, depending on which style you take on.
The instructions are clear, and walk you through each step with drawings and easy to understand verbiage.
If you are so inclined, try mashing Emmaline up with the Clementine, Amelia, or Sahara skirts or bodices for a different look!
Grab your Emmaline now and Sew On!