Saturday 2 May 2015

Sunshine Saturday With Insanity Max 30 - Sweat Interval Day!

So I had an okay sleep - I only woke up at 4am, then fell asleep again from 5 to 6am.

I packed up snacks for Husband's day at work, and had the next 9 hours to myself.

So far today I've:
- Tidying the house (9-5 I neglect this, and dog hair was piling up)
- Dishes
- Laundry
- Gave away a bunch of items I don't need but are still in great condition on Buy Nothing Kanata (I hate throwing things out, and would rather donate or give them away.  I couldn't be bothered to sell stuff as the UsedOttawa & Kijiji are oversaturated with so many little things).
- Made some wedding decor for a wedding I'm part of this summer

This was before 9am - I hit up Bushtaka for a sale for the last biking accessories we require - no more accessories for awhile now!

Then Michaels. Then Food Basics. Then the pet store.

- I weeded and raked the gardens and lawn
- I planted plants I'd been given a few weeks ago that have just been sitting in the garage
- I made French Toast, as I deserved it and was hungry

I'm pretty sure I did some other things, but I don't remember.  I like to be productive on my days off work.

Then I decided to do my workout.  Insanity Max 30: Sweat Intervals. This is my second week on the program, so only my second time doing this particular work out.  Within 5 minutes I was gushing sweat.  It was awesome!

- Are you Ready?
- Despite all the above productiveness, I made it through the warm up without needing a break
- High Jump Cross - I liked this move
- Lunge Squats - I did not like this move
- Punch Pushups - Shaun T is a jerkface!
- Moving Squat Jab - this one wasn't too painful
- Modified Plank Ups - Oh my god, my arms are so weak!
- Hurdle Drill - my hips did much better this week - PA-POW!

Halfway through - thank goodness!

- Hip Hop Runner - SO many squats!
- Power Jump Squat Push - It really was as insane as it sounds
- Switch Back Kick Punch - I nailed it!
- Free Runner - Oh my BUM!
- Ski Ab Power Knee - This one is kind of fun, but I also like skiing
- Squat Oblique Knee - I could definitely feel my thighs in this move

OH MY GAWD!

- Burpee Lunge - I really dislike you, Shaun T
- Hit The Floor - At least it's better than Burpees
- Cross Jack Jab - I'm the next MMX CHAMPION!

Ok. I made it through. I burned about 446 calories in 30 minutes.  I am no longer anxious about getting my work out in!

I just heard Husband come home, so within the hour we'll be speed biking our hearts out.



I hope I can make it the first kilometer.

No comments:

Post a Comment