Wednesday 27 May 2015

Max 30 Month 2: Day 1 - Max Out Cardio

This man is insane.  Every time I think to myself, "How could he possibly make this workout more challenging," Shaun T does it again.

Working on some of the basic moves from Month One, he adds in Twists and Turns (literally).

Credit here



At the beginning of Max Cardio, the crazy workout group had their crazy faces on - and we hadn't even broken a sweat 30 second in (usually by minute 2, I'm feeling it).  They smile insanely, taunting me with every move I make.

Yes. 7 months after starting to workout (almost) daily, I still do modifier moves.  I blame stiff muscles and my CFS.  But don't knock modifier moves - it just means there aren't any Plyometric (aka jumping) moves.  You still sweat, feel it, and work your behind off - literally.

The Workout.  Max Out 30 - apparently burns 424 calories as per my average finds online (I don't have a calorie workout thingamajigie). I beg to differ with the amount of dripping sweat 2 minutes into the warm up.

The Moves - 3 rounds of each move in 30 second intervals:

- 1-2-3 Soccer Juggle - I like this move for the hips, and it reminds me of that time I was on a soccer time (briefly) with my friend Katy.  And how bad I was at juggling the ball with my feet.

- Balance Kick Back - WHOOOOO (that's all I'll say about that move)

- Speed In & Out Abs - Kind of like Mountain Climbers - I'm ok with this move.

- Low Plank Side Punch - It's as awesome as it sounds.  It's like a Spinx Chest Press with a Punch at the end while in Plank Mode.  Now I sound all athletic because I described a move with other moves.

- Low-High Switch Kick  - It's a good twist on the original Switch Kick - he's secretly working the abs with this move

- Plank To Squat - I think this might be worse than Burpees

- Moving Slap Back Jump - My burning thighs!!

- 10 and 2 Punch - I enjoy this move - it encorporates your abs & hips with a punch at the end.

- Floor Hops - My arms are jello in a plank, but my hips are loving the stretch - such a conflicting move!

- Lunge Punch Kick - My God!  It's a lunge with an upwards full body twist and a punch at the top.  I feel today's workout will involve a lot of punching.

I was so into the workout, that I didn't event notice when Shaun T took his top off - he takes it off with some lame excuse every time.  I'm not complaining.

- Oblique High Knees - Standing up Obliques with high knees just in case your abs missed the oblique twist.

- Sprint Jack - Whew!  Good Cardio!  I like this move.

-Pike Up Oblique - An upward dog plank with opposing spider at the plank side of things. I can see this being fun next time?

By the end of it, even my ears were sweating.

Wow.

15 minutes later, still red faced and sweating.  


 Until tomorrow when I review Max Out Power - I fully anticipate holding and slow moves in this workout.




No comments:

Post a Comment