Friday 1 May 2015

I Did Not Want to Work Out Today - Insanity Max 30: Tabata Strength

Last night was rough - the last day of a rough week.  I slept for an hour, woke up until 2am, then drifted into semi sleep until 5am.

I did NOT want to work out this morning.  But, unlike yesterday (I skipped - my body and mind were DONE), I had no excuses. The living room *is* my gym.  I hadn't walked into any furniture, tripped over anything, or fallen down the stairs or in the shower. 

No excuses.

Insanity Max 30: Tabata Strength Day

My workout commentary is as follows:
- Warm Up was tough - I wanted to tap out at 2 minutes and 38 seconds in - I did not give into this

- Diamond Jump Burpees - CURSE YOU

- Plyo Power Squats - CURSE YOU MORE!
- Wide Alternate Pushups - you were ok...

- Diamond Pushups - Shaun T - you are insane!

I maxed out at 10:42

- Knee Diamond Holds - OWWWWW!!!  That's a lot of holding, but I did it.

- Childs Post Diamond - I preferred just the Child's Pose portion of this move

- I actually liked the Split Plyo Lunge

- Plyo Power Ab - I definitely felt that one!

- Power Knee Lunchge - this one is tough, yet effective

- Power Knee - I could feel that one in my tight hips

- 4 V Push Up - Whoooooo!  My arms!

- V Pushup - Shaun T is trying to slowly kill me

- V Push up Hold - Shaun T Definitely has a vendetta against me.

- Pike Ups - My arms can't take this anymore!

- Scissor Push UPs - How can Shaun T possibly make pushups more difficult?  This is how!

- Knee Tap Push Ups - It's easier than the last move? Yay?

- Toe Tap Push Ups - Holy co-ordination - I'll have to do this a few times before I get it

- Plant Toe Tap - I think I made up my own version of this move - I like it better - Shaun T is now glaring at me - how does he know??

- Chair to Chair Pulse - How can I possibly have any sweat left??

It was over in a snap - I made it through the entire 30 minutes of Hell Shaun T calls Tabata Strength.  I would NOT have been able to do this yesterday, and next week it will be that much easier.

As difficult as this work out was, and as much as I cursed Shaun T, I showed up & did it. 

I like a challege, and this was my challenge of the day before 7am.

Is it nap time yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment