Sunday 3 May 2015

Sundays are For Rest? Systic Doesn't Rest - She does Max30 Tabata Power & Bikes FOREVER!

So.

I took it easy this morning.  I dawdled actually.  I had coffee, did some Interweb surfing, had breakfast, finished the wedding scrapbook (2 of 2) that I've been working on since we got married (5.5 years ago - I blame owning a successful bird toy making company for most of those 5 years aka no time),,,

Then I decided to work out about an hour before Husband was supposed to come home from work.

Insanity Max 30: Tabata Power (as opposed to Strength, which I reviewed earlier this week)

According to Shaun T, my body is my equipment.

Tabata is 20 seconds working out with 10 seconds jogging or moving lightly between reps

Systic's workout synopsis:

- Oh God, I can barely make it through the warm up - I'm still so sore from yesterday

- Burpee Lunges - I hate Shaun T today

- Plyo Lunge Jump - My Glutes!

- Split Lunge Punch - Walk in the park compared to the first two exercises!

- Back Lunge - This move requires good balance, but I nailed it!

- Water Break - Shaun T is really just leading us to believe we can actually rest during this 30 minute workout

- Moving Plyo Pushup - Not so bad today, although the Childs Pose inbetween reps helps a lot

- Push Up Pop Up - You need strong wrists for this move - which I lack

- Push Up Row - OMG I am so weak!

- Knee Push Up Row - same move as above, because I'm doing the modified moves - don't be misled - the modified moves are quite difficult!  And this is my 3rd Beachbody program - I'm over 180 days into this journey.

- Fast Power Jump - Great for the abs!

- Slow Power Jump - Yay, more squats!

- High Jumps - Great for your ass!

- Squat Knee Up - Another great ab squat move

- Agua Time - Shaun T stole someone's water!

- Switch Kick Abs - This is a great obliques move.

- C-Sit Hold - Not bad, but I have to hold my neck as it's always sore (yay computer desk career!)

- Scissors Abs - I can feel this one in my lower abs.

- "L" Hold - Oh my legs!

- Tricep Dip Reach - I can barely do this move, but I sure can feel it!

- Single Leg Tricep Dip - Wow!  Easier than last move, but I can feel it!

- Speed Tricep Dip - Totally maxed out on this move - I really need wrist braces/support.

- 4 Count Tricep Dip - AHHHHHH!!!

- All Major moves for 30 second each until the end - Nailed it!

Total calories burned - about 440

I'm hardcore.  


Oh, and because this OCD workout wasn't enough (I get twitchy if I miss it), half an hour after Husband got home from work, what did we do?

Went road biking of course.

We went from home to Britannia Beach yesterday (28.8km round trip), so today wanted to go further.  We biked all the way to the Kichissippi Beach (near Westboro) - a round trip with a few stops along the way (beach, random meeting old friend who was also biking, and water break at the in-laws).

Total distance: 43km

Total biking time: 2 hours 10 minutes.

We have NEVER biked that far.  We used to have troubles biking 20km let alone more than double this distance.

When we went on our first few weeks rides this year, I was SO upset that I still couldn't even come close to keeping up with Husband, and I was putting my all into it.  I had been workout out for almost 6 months, and felt as slow as a sloth!

Unfortunately we had already begun speed bike research, and came across a sale with better parts than we were even hoping for (for less than the bikes we were looking at), and literally had to jump on it the same day before the bikes were sold.

The first day, I had to bike slow so Husband could keep up!  I could ride up those hills with less effort than I used to have to use to ride on a flat surface!  Wow - we were missing out before!

This new biking experience is AMAZING!  Now we can bike the roads with proper bikes, or go off roading on our perfectly good quality mountain bikes!

We're officially a 4-bike family, and loving it!

I guess with the proper equipment, sports really CAN be easier.

Goal for the end of May - make it to downtown.  I hope we can do it!

I am going to be SO SORE tomorrow, but it will be worth it in the long run.

I missed out on so much of life from my CBT days...it's just made life fabulous to be able to live it again.

You should bike too.  It's fun. It's easy exercise.  It gets you outdoors.  And you can reconnect with those you like or love - or you can just roller derby over someone you don't like and keep on biking past them.

The choice is yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment