Sunday 29 July 2018

Sewing Pattern Review: Rebecca Paige's Pencil Skirt

Who doesn't like a flattering contoured skirt?

The Paige Pencil Skirt is that and more. 




It's a high waisted pencil skirt with slimming side seams, back vent, zip up back, darts, and even an optional "bow" at the front if you like. 

All the seams are hidden for a professional look.

It has options from 18" doll6 months to 12 years old, and up to ladies 50" waist sizing. 

Get all 3 in a Bundle!

Made with woven fabrics only (and lining interior), it fits just below the knee and has no wiggle room to "stretch" if it is too small. 

I found my normal L to XL grading for RP bottoms gives me the room to move without suffocating my mid section. 





I'm 5''2" and took 2" off the lengthen/shorten line to accommodate for my height (it's drafted for a 5'-6" height) 

With this pattern, you learn a different way of sewing in a zipper, unique back vent sewing skills, and in the end, a fancy looking pencil skirt 




The most challenging part of sewing up the skirt had to of been the vent during pattern testing - however, Rebecca came through and the final pattern has VERY detailed pictures and instructions (giving me that "Aha" moment of clarity for a rather simple sewing technique once the details were clearly laid out), so it shall not be an issue next time. 

For my skirt, I used a random suiting fabric for the main skirt, proper lining fabric for the lining, and flowy sheer fabric for the bow part - I really like the contrast and the look of the sheer bow. 




Overall, I love the moveability, length, and feel of this particular pencil skirt. It doesn't make me feel self conscious about my thighs or caboose, and I feel it gives me a flattering shape and look. 

It's also easy to walk in without shuffling, and I can get in and out of the car without doing pre-Olympic trials with my legs (anyone who has worn a pencil skirt knows what I mean!).


 

I've paired mine with the Neve Wrap Blouse (tucked in at the back) - I think it's a great pair for a casual day at the office or out with the girls!

Grab your Paige Pencil Skirt and give it a go - you won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment