Wednesday 18 July 2018

Sewing Pattern Review: The Neve Wrap Blouse

I love a nice flowy shirt that doesn't feel bulky.

Enter Rebecca Page's new pattern, the Neve Wrap Top.

On Sale throughout July 2018 for 30% Off!!





It's best made with flowy fabrics, like this chiffon type fabric I scored at Fabricland a few weeks ago! 

What more screams summer than Sunglasses?







Neve features:
- Options for either wovens or knits
-  Sleeve tab options


I prefer the tab feature, as it brings the loose sleeves up and makes the top a bit less billowy. 



The back is sewn with a middle seam, and is intentionally lower than the front - it can easily be tucked into your skirt or pants for a full billow look front and back.


I like the look of the back untucked - do you?

I used hemming tape for the hem so it sat still - especially while sewing it up - otherwise, it would leak to a wonky hemming job that I'd prefer not to have.

After sewing the hem, I ironed, ironed, ironed, and it sits flat now.



The front billows, and wraps around - I definitely recommend wearing a tank top or camisole underneath in order to prevent spillage from you-know-where.

It is sewn with an elastic waistband, and may be a higher rise than I generally wear, therefore I didn't cut the pattern piece on the shorten line (I'm 5'-2") so it sat as low as possible.








You can see the sleeve at the side - both arm up and down.

I've paired this with the new Peggy Skirt, which is sort of high waisted and a good fit with the Neve Wrap Top!


My recommendation:

- Sew slowly with lightweight fabrics!
- Use a lightweight fabric - anything medium weight or more structured will simply look boxy, and not feel so flattering
- Learn to love French seams - I've sewn so many in the last few weeks, I love the look of the finished seams inside! 
- Size down if you want a less billowy look (I went with Small vs my normal Medium, and didn't grade for my hips/waist to XL as I normally with with Rebecca Page Patterns).


The Neve Wrap Top is a lovely cover up top for the beach, summer party, or running errands

Sew on!




No comments:

Post a Comment