Tuesday 27 February 2018

Sewing Pattern Review - 5 out of 4's Aspen Fleece Vest


At our cottage land, it gets chilly - sometimes I REALLY only need to layer my core, but I was lacking a fleece vest (and was jealous of the 5 out of 4 Halftime Hoodie I made into a sleeveless version for Husband)

So 5 out of 4 to my outdoor wear rescue yet again! 

I found the Aspen Fleece vest pattern, and had just purchased some stretch fleece for a jacket I was making, and just happened to have an extra meter of fabric.

So I paired it with some stretchy thick knit black and neon pink fabric for the lining, and have the most awesome core-warming vest for working outside at our cottage land.

I'm the most colourful gal at our cottage land!


It was perfect timing as the fall weather was a hit and miss, and we no longer had to wear bug jackets or rain coats.

I opted for a full zip and regular unzipped side pockets. 



The zipper instructions were easy to follow, as were all other instructions as normal with Jessica's patterns. 

I really like the amount of pieces in the vest, as that meant I could scrapbust a few pieces in and get the most out of my fabric. 

The high collar is really a bonus, as it keeps my neck warm while outside with just a hat on - once in awhile it's nice *not* to have a hood on something (rarely...but If I could have hoods, thumbhole cuffs, and pockets on everything I made, I would!).

But that doesn't stop me from wearing a hoodie tank top underneath!


So for the Spring, Fall, and Winter, this is another outdoor staple I will eventually wear out, thus will make a back up with the different pocket options for versatility!

And because I can.

Grab your Aspen Vest pattern, as I highly recommend it for your outdoor stylish wardrobe!

No comments:

Post a Comment