Tuesday 2 October 2018

Won't You Be My Neighbour? 5 out of 4's Eleanor Cardigan Pattern

I love a cardigan that lets me move and groove.  Like this:



Let's make the most of this beautiful day...with 5 out of 4's Eleanor Cardigan Pattern!  




The options the Eleanor pattern includes are:
- Mid thigh, knee, or duster length
- Optional Hood
- Band hem
- Optional Tie belt
- Optional Elbow Cuff
- Optional Pockets
- Optional long sleeves
- Womens or Girls Sizing








It's meant for sweater knits with at least 15% stretch - but I kind of cheated, aka no fabric month September/October, as we have to pay for some advanced medical testing for my Vestibular Migraines that may help bring me back to working in the office and coming out of my dark cocoon of no/low-lighting Golem life.

So I opted for some very light sweater knit for the sleeves, pockets, and band; and double brushed polyester for the floral pattern.

And you can also see the difference of the fit between belted and unbelted. I'm all about wrapping myself further into comfort! 

You could easily add buttons to the front, but this pattern doesn't include them. It's meant to be super casual.





The pockets are perfect - my hands fit in them without being at an odd angle, and I can keep love notes and lipbalms in them.

And Take note: I've paired my Eleanor with my Gloria Peplum top - because they seemed to go together like magic!

   


I also opted for the elbow cuff option - it was easier to do than anticipated - and a first time for me to sew this style in a pattern.

My arms I thought were regular length, but I may have cut the long arms, as they were quite long - you definitely want to elbow cuff if you are sewing the longer arm length.

The arms aren't too tight or loose, and feel good overall. You could easily  wear a light sweater underneath if it's really chilly outside.

Overall, the Eleanor is a lovely sew, and I can't wait until I can afford more fabric to try out the sexy duster length! 

Come on, LottoMax or Fairy Fabric Mother!

Sew On!










No comments:

Post a Comment