Friday 7 September 2018

Honey, I'm Home! The Vintage Rebecca Page Apron Pattern



I would be the worst 1950's woman ever - I'd get fired pretty quickly. 

I like a Roomba on each level, the dogs to eat the food that falls onto the ground, and loved the little amount of rain we had this summer so our gardens and bushes didn't require too much pruning.

And my Husband can get his own goddamn sandwich!



BUT I do love being adventurous in the kitchen, which leads to my clothes becoming a disaster in the cooking storm before the calm of a new exciting meal.

Hence the most recent FREEBIE Rebecca Page Vintage Apron Pattern!

With the frills and fun factor it entails, it serves a practical purpose in the kitchen (or garden), but can also be a great pinafore for a costume or Cosplay fun as well! 


It has a beautiful flare - and is great for larger scraps of complimentary fabrics!

I used 3 different fabrics to create my Ode to John Deere apron - fabric courtesy of my Mother-in-law's sister when she cleaned out her sewing room this spring. This fabric works well at our camp where people drink Bud Light and we ATV around in our best Pyjamas and the occasional Unicorn Float (really...Husband did this)

Proof of Husband driving the ATV with the Unicorn.

I love the layers - they flow well together, and no actual gathering is required! 



The most tedious and time consuming part was the hemming of each layer of the apron skirt.

For the yellow patterned version, I pressed each hem and sewed (no binding) - and there was no bunching, even though I didn't use Wonder Tape - so that's pretty nice with a curved hem.

For the John Deere Version, I went all out and used binding to enclose the hem edge - it took some TLC, but the end result is really pretty.




The waist band and neck band tie up into bows, and were long enough for me to do this without a lot of effort. The neck band can stay tied up and comes off over my head easily once the waist band has been untied.

This Apron would be fabulous not only for your own kitchen, but for gifts - especially with Christmas around the corner.  You can make one for each season!





And remember - don't mess with a girl and her kitchen doo dads - you never know how she will react! 


Sew on and grab your Apron Pattern for FREE here!

No comments:

Post a Comment