Friday 22 June 2018

Sewing Pattern Review - Rebecca Page Chloe Cami



On Sale throughout June!


30% off Ladies, Girls, or Doll Separates


37% for ALL 3 patterns (Ladies, Girls, AND Doll)




I love a nice flowy top that is kind to my hiding abs. And I really dislike sleeves in the summer (that's what a nice cardigan is for!). 

I also normally go for tunic or bum covering length tops, but went outside my comfort zone for Rebecca. 

That's where the Chloe Cami comes into play!



This camisole is different from others, and I love that it's made from lightweight wovens!  I made two with different random fabrics - lightweight silk, lightweight crepe, and two types of flowy polyester mixes - all with different results - in a good way.  

You can opt for one or two layers with two lengths of top - mine both have both lengths and two layers. 





The straps are easily adjustable, but I didn't need to adjust (I'm 5'-2") - and work best with at least one set of short straps, and a set of longer criss cross straps - the straps don't put pressure on my neck or shoulders (my problem area), which is a relief. 

You can use a single or double side strap or double criss cross straps if you like as well - I like the look that I went with just fine. 

As you can see, your bra straps will show, but you can go strapless, or wear one of your sassy lace bras to let it show through!

I made my blue top straps as per the pattern (with fabric), but went all lazy and used lace for the floral top. I feel it worked out fabulously and gives it a very girly look.  


Wearing with my lacy Made for Mermaids Bra



The french seams are easier than you would expect to sew - and a good introduction to sewing them - they make for a professional finish. 

I hemmed the bottom of my floral top orange fabric with lace, as the fabric was stiffer than anticipated and I ran out of Wonder Tape to to iron the hem flat before sewing. The hem looked wonky, so I fixed it with something pretty!




Pairing the top with jeans or shorts works best for my style, and I find my crepe fabric on the blue top(stiffer than anticipated) billows up, so a quick fix with a matching sash or belt below my bust gives the top a totally different sassy but controlled look.  







Use up your pretty lightweight wovens with this cami and go out afterwards to celebrate your new pro looking stylish top!


Sew On!



No comments:

Post a Comment