Thursday 28 June 2018

Sewing Pattern Review: Mamma Can Do It Classy Woven Tank


We all have woven fabric that just sits waiting to be used in a pattern. 

With so many pattern makers creating designs with knit fabric, it means our woven fabric just waits. And waits. And waits.

There are so many great woven designs at a fraction of the cost of knit fabrics. 

Thankfully a few designers recognize this niche, such as Mamma Can Do It!


She has designed a simple tank top pattern that fits well...real ladies - the Classy Woven Tank


It hides tummy confidence issues while showing off my curves in a flattering way.


Heck - the first time I wore it in public, my friend complimented me 3 times that day on my new top!  What a confidence booster :).

The back covers just enough of my behind, and it was easy to grade between sizes to fit my waist and hips properly (between 6 sizes from bust to waist/hip).
  
The curved hem is super flattering all around

And look how great it looks with my Eden Leggings!

And of course, Husband tries to make me laugh while taking photos in our forest (we own 6 acres of Land in Quebec, Canada, which we frolic in on weekends).


Overall, the sewing took less than an hour, and the end result was surprisingly perfect.

The darts for the bust are perfectly placed and easy to sew, and the binding instructions were quite detailed. 

This pattern is perfect for the beginner sewist looking to sew up their beautiful woven fabrics, or the expert looking to add a few more simple tank tops to their wardrobe this summer.

I used a light woven linen random fabric obtained from my mother-in-law's sister (just in case it was a flop), and the pattern just makes the fabric pop. Like they were made for each other.

Seriously!


Grab your Classy Woven Tank Pattern here for only $7 -and remember to Sew On!





No comments:

Post a Comment