Wednesday 30 March 2016

March TopBox Review!

I love my monthly Topbox Fix! 

For $12 a month, 4-5 beauty samples (one full sized) are sent to your doorstep.

I have a high satisfaction rate, and can usually spread out the samples to last until my next fix.

This month, Gideon was sad though:

Sad Gideon

Normally we opt for the thick cardboard tube option, so he gets all excited for the package.  He even recognizes it in the dark blue TopBox mailing envelope!  So normally we are both excited.  This month was "eco friendly" packaging month...so a tulle-type bag that we will never use vs cardboard tube that lasts the pups a week or two.

I think the tube is the eco-friendly option in our household!

Anyhoo - back to March's TopBox surprises.  As I normally opt for the plain Jane surprise box vs a brand-specific box.  I don't want to miss out on trying a new brand, something the brand-specific kits don't fully provide me with.


Mereadesso - Tinted All-In-One Moisturizer

Blend product into skin for a sheer, naturally glowing finish.  Apply more in areas where extra coverage is needed.

20ml for $48.  Available at shop1.Mereadesso.com

I really liked this sample package - the package itself.  Normally with tinted creams and cover-up type of products, there might be enough for one or two applications squeezed from the corner you ripped off with your teeth.  This package has a cool flap at the front that closes, and you press down to squeeze the cream onto the handy plastic palette underneath the flap.

The cream itself is a nice consistency and provides full coverage where I need it.  My face doesn't feel tight or greasy afterwards, and it dries pretty quickly.  You can also rub your face afterwards without any of the tint coming off on your fingers.

What I do NOT like.  The smell - it smells awful. This is unfortunate, as due to the scent, it overpowers the quality of the product, and I won't be replenishing it after my sample has been used up (2 weeks and it's still going strong!).

I just checked the Mereadesso site - and the "sample" I received is actually their travel package - and sells for $16 CAD! 

This again is one of the reason I vouch for monthly beauty packages - value for your money and products that get you thinking outside of the box!


MaskerAide - ALL EYES ON ME Hydrating Eye Gel Patches

Prepare under eye area by cleansing and toning your skin.  Open packet and remove eye gels from tray and remove protective film from both sides.  Apply to under eye area.  Both sides of eye gel can be used.  Relax for 15-20 minutes.  Remove eye gels and discard.  Use once per week as a treatment or as needed.

1 Box (4 pairs of Eye Gels) $25.  Available at MaskerAide.com

These eye gel patches made me feel like a reverse football player - with white patches under my eyes instead of black patches under their eyes (why do football players do this??). 

Once you get beyond the initial cold shock of the gel underneath your eyes, it's all good. 

The directions say to relax, but I just continued studying for my Risk Management Exam instead. 

After patch removal, my under eyes appeared to be less fatigued and not quite as zombie-like. 

I'd definitely try these again as part of my weekly "spoil myself" evenings where I use a face mask, do my nails, and have a soak in a bath full of homemade Lush-like bath bombs.


Nova Scotia Fisherman eXtreme Skin Care - Fisher-Mint

This bright refreshing Fisher-Mint lip balm is the perfect naturally fresh way to moisturize your dry winter lips.  Since all of the ingredients are natural, you can feel good about using it as many times a day as you would like.

9.9g for $4.95.  Available at NovaScotiaFisherman.com/retailers

This is one of my favourite Nova Scotia Fisherman products to date. 

The lip balm was normal sized (compared to their original Lip balm which is about 5 times the girth of a normal lip balm) and perfect to keep in my purse or pocket.  I always have lip balm with me, as my lips dry up quick easily - especially during the winter months.

This balm left my lips with a slight minty scent and felt not too sticky but not too drying.  It is just the right consistency that Husband will kiss me with it on and doesn't complain that I am wearing lip goo.

I love that this product is Canadian, supports our economy, and is made with fresh & natural ingredients.



Bliss - Triple Oxygen Energizing Vitamin C Day Cream

Infused with CPR Technology, and an advanced form of vitamin C to enhance skin's vitality and clarity, and smooth fine lines and wrinkles while intensely hydrating and protecting for a smooth, glowing complexion.

50ml for $75.77.  Available at BlissWorld.com

I have no idea what "CPR Technology" is - other than thinking it has something to do with oxygenating the skin?  Bringing it back to life? 

I absolutely LOVE the smell of this cream - it smells light and citrusy - and is quite invigorating first thing in the morning! 

The scent makes up for the funky Mereadesso smell.

I use it on top of my normal vitamin C serums, as this is the consistency of a moisturizer. It smooths on easily, and very little is required to cover my face.

I haven't noticed any difference in my fine lines or complexion, but that might also come from regularly using face creams and Vitamin C serums.  I guess I could say my wrinkles and complexion hasn't regressed - so anything that maintains or reduces fine lines is thumbs up in my world!

No comments:

Post a Comment