Monday 7 March 2016

February 2016 Topbox Review - Monthly Beauty Kit

Topbox is a Canadian monthly beauty sample distributor - for $12 a month, you will receive 4 product samples (one usually being close to or full size).

It's pretty exciting for me, as I love trying new products; and it's exciting for the dogs, as they love the cardboard tube my samples come in.

So it's a win-win situation in the Systic household!



February brought me a few familiar items, and a few new ones.



POP Beauty - Kajal Pen

Matte finish, intensely pigmented kajal pen defines and shapes eyes in an instant!  Lush gemtone shades POP any eye colour effortlessly.  Esaily blends with included smudger.  Suitable for sensitive eyes.  

0.9g for $10.  Available at popbeauty.com

I think this is a mascara alternative?  That's what I'm going with.

I use this when I have pink eye shadow, so the nice shade of thick purple shows up nicely.  If you use the smudger, you also need to then apply more eyeliner if you really want to make your eyes POP.

I don't feel that this product alone makes my eyes pop, even when I use fabulous mascara.

Maybe if I use it on my lower eyelash line?  I haven't experimented with that yet. Baby steps to beauty.

It's ok, but I want an awesome eyeliner...this is not it.



Morgan Taylor - Professional Nail Lacquer

It's what's inside that counts.  Inspired by luminous pearls, raw gems, semi precious stones, glimmering silvers, and radiant gold all drawn from the earth.  All pigments are saturated, pure, and finely milled for luminous metallics, never before seen shimmers, decadent cremes, stunning sheers, and more glistening glitters.  

15ml for $15.83

I received a full size bottle of this nail polish in...Crocodile Green.

Wow, that's bright! It's not easy being Green.

I think this will be worn for St. Patrick's Day and Christmas...and I like bright coloured nail polish.  Green just isn't my thing all year round.

With the description, one would expect a glitter bomb experience on your nails - this is just a plain Jane green.  If it had sparkles and glitter, I would more likely wear this colour regularly.

I like sparkles.

The polish itself requires 2 coats and a clear topcoat to last a few days before requiring a touch up.

It actually holds up to washing dishes and other menial life tasks, so other than the colour, it's a great formula.



Nova Scotia Fisherman EXtreme Skin Care - Nova Scotia Fisherman Sea Salt Soap

This naturally scented soap is perfect to nourish your dry winter skin.  The Organic Shea Butter provides a satiny feel you will love!  

116g $5.95.  Available at Sobey's, Wholefoods, Natural food stores near you, or ONLINE at NovaScotiaFisherman.com

I received some samples directly from this company a month or two ago, and it's ok.

I do like that it is Canadian Made, and most of the ingredients are natural.

It doesn't quite suds up as much as I like my body soap to, and my skin usually feels itchy after using it.  I definitely cannot get away without using moisturizer after this - especially in the dry winter season.

Some people with skin issues or sensitive skin love it,

I'm okay with it - it's better than Dove or Zest bar soaps at least.



Smashbox - Photo Finish Classic Primer

Worn alone or under foundation, our best selling, oil free primer helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and pores for flawless skin with a velvety-smooth finish.

30ml for $44.  Available at Smashbox.com

I received this before...probably from Glymm (who went out of business abruptly a few years back, hence why I joined Topbox), and loved it back then.  I still love it now.

It's so soft to put on my face (it really does feel like velvet).  It applies well (and with a dab of the formula) to my face, and really smoothes out my face!  It creates a nice base to apply my foundation to.

If it wasn't $44, I'd have the real size.

Overall, I was 50% happy with this months samples - the nail polish in a better colour would of made me 75% happy.

For now, I will wear the green with other shades of green/turquoise...

No comments:

Post a Comment